Liebster Award

I am incredibly grateful and excited to announce that I have recently been nominated TWICE for the Liebster Award. It's really nice to know that people are starting to take notice of my blog and actually read my posts. A big thank you to the lovely Vanessa from Dream In Style and Yamel from Smil3z and Style for tagging me! 

For those of you that don't know, the Liebster Award is to give recognition to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. 

Blogging is about building a community and this tag is a great way to connect with other writers and help spread the word about newer bloggers/blogs. Once you have been nominated, you must follow these rules:

1) Link the blogger(s) that nominated you.
2) Answer the questions that the tagger set for you plus create 11 questions for the people you’ve tagged to answer.
3) Choose 5-11 other bloggers with less than 200 followers and link them in your post.
4) Go to their page and tell them.

Since I was tagged by two lovely ladies, I decided to answer Vanessa's questions (just because she was the first to nominate me) :

1. What is your 'Holy Grail' beauty item? I've recently discovered Benefit's High Beam and honestly couldn't live without this product right now. When applying to the top of my cheeks, it gives off an instant glow, making my skin appear flawless. It's also perfect for contouring cheekbones and defining your facial features.

2. What is your dream vacation destination? Anywhere with a white sandy beach running along crystal blue ocean. I'd love to visit the Maldives, it looks so luxurious in every picture I see! Anyone want to take me? :)

3. When it comes to fashion are you someone who gravitates towards solid or printed clothing items? If I'm honest, I normally stick to block colours as it's so much easier to create a whole range of different looks. I tend to wear a plain base, then jazz up my outfits with a printed jacket or clutch bag (preferably leopard print!)

4. Why did you decide to start your blog? I actually have a degree in Journalism, so have loved writing ever since I can remember. Since leaving University last summer, I landed myself a job as an Advertising Executive and I don't really get the chance to do what I loveI've always been obsessed with fashion & beauty blogs, and have been contemplating setting up my own but could never set the time aside. I woke up one morning and decided there and then I was going to make time to set my blog up... And here I am :)

5. What is your favourite perfume? My ultimate favourite perfume has to be Ghost - Sweetheart. It has a warm, sweet and fruity scent... I literally can't get enough of it. I always get tons of the stuff for Christmas, so I'm left smelling fresh for the whole year!

6. What is your favourite movie? Hmmm, I absolutely love classic comedy films such as Step Brothers, Anchorman and Bridesmaids... They never fail to make me chuckle! I'm also into my chick flicks e.g Bridget Jones Diary, Love Actually, Dirty Dancing. I'm not a massive cinema goer, so normally stick with watching classics movies whenever they are repeated on tele.

7. Who is your favourite blogger? LLYMLRS. I religiously check her blog everyday - I love her casual & chic style. Also, I love the fact that she posts on a whole load of different topics and doesn't just stick to Beauty and Fashion. She seems like a really likeable, down-to-earth girl and I love reading her chatty posts. 

8. If you could only wear three makeup products for the rest of your life, what would they be?  Youuuuch! I hope this NEVER happens. But if I had to chose, I'd say my Benefit They're Real Mascara, my fave MAC Lovelorn' lippy and my trusty MAC eyebrow pencil!

9. Have you ever met a celebrity, if so who? Yes! Whilst at Uni, I was lucky enough to intern at Now Magazine for two months (most amazing experience EVER!). During my internship, I was invited to Amy Childs clothing launch and got to interview her for the mag. Oh shataaaaap. I also got to work on a photo shoot with the Union J boys for the afternoon. They are SO lovely, and even fitter in real life! Oh, and I bumped into Gok Wan on a night out in Soho. I got my picture taken with him too. Pretty cool, huh?

10. Do you keep a diary? I keep a date diary, but not a personal one. I think the last diary I had was a Winnie the Pooh notebook with a list of all my school crushes. Cringe.

11. What is your favourite season and why? Summer, Summer, Summer! It's weird how a huge ball of fire in the middle of the galaxy can instantly put everyone in a better mood?! It's the season of holidays, BBQS, parties, late evenings and hot weather! What's not to love? All I can say is roll on Summer '14...

The blogs I nominate are:

And here are my questions for you lovely lot:

1. What’s the one bit of advice you would give to someone starting a new blog?
2. Who inspires you? 
3. Where in the world would you most like to live?
4. What do you do in your day job?
5. If you could only eat one meal everyday for the rest of your life what would it be?
6. Besides blogging, what’s your favourite thing to do?
7. What's your favourite type of music?
8. How would you describe your style?
9. If you could be anything in the world, what would you be?
10. What is your one beauty must-have?
11. If you could ban a word or phrase from ever being used again, what would it be? 

Wow, I ramble on way too much! :)
If I've nominated you, make sure you let me know once your post is up so I can read your answers! Once again, a massive to Vanessa and Yamel for tagging me.



3 comments:

  1. Thank you sweetie for the nomination! my post is now up :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful post...I like your blog.^^
    Maybe follow each other on bloglovin?
    Let me know follow you then back.
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey lovely, just followed you on Bloglovin' :) xx

      Delete